Frequently Asked Questions
See our list of comprehensive frequently asked questions at The Gleneagle Hotel
- Muckross Road, Killarney, Co Kerry.
- GPS Coordinates: Lat: 52.0436° N Long: 9.5013° W
- The Gleneagle Hotel is located on the Muckross Road (N71), on the left-hand side approximately 1km from Killarney town centre. The Gleneagle INEC concert Arena is situated beside The Gleneagle Hotel. From Cork take the N22 to Killarney, on reaching Killarney follow signs for Muckross Road N71, the hotel is on the left-hand side approximately 2km from Killarney town centre. From Kerry Airport, take the N22 towards Killarney and follow the signs for the Muckross Road N71, The Gleneagle Hotel is on the left-hand side approximately 2km from Killarney town centre. From Shannon Airport, take the N18 to Limerick, take the N21 to Castleisland, then take the N22 to Killarney and follow the signs for the Muckross Road. If you are travelling by train or bus, we provide a complimentary shuttle bus facility from Killarney Train Station for our guests. The free shuttle bus meets every train from Dublin up to 5pm daily. To view our shuttle bus timetable, click here.
- Bookings can be made direct on our website www.gleneaglehotel.com or you can call us on 064 66 71500
- Do I need a credit card to make a reservation? Yes, we require a credit card or debit card for all reservations. This guarantees your room. Your card will not be charged within 48 hours of your arrival at the hotel.
- I’m making a booking for someone else; how do I pay for their stay? By contacting our reservation team on 064 66 71550 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours prior to arrival.
- How do I book using a voucher? To book your stay using a Gleneagle Hotel or Destination Killarney Voucher please call our Reservations team on (064) 66 71550.
- Can I request a smoking room or apartment? The Gleneagle Hotel & Apartments are non-smoking. Fines will be applied to guests accounts who smoke in their hotel room or apartment
- How do I make a reservation for a large group? (Hen Party, Stag Party, Sports Club, etc) Group reservations may have different rates and booking requirements.
- To request a reservation for your group or for more information, please contact our Group Sales Team on 064 66 71550 or email email@example.com
- What security deposit is required for group bookings? A 25% security deposit is required.
Terms and Conditions: Once your booking has been successfully completed, a Booking Confirmation will be issued in respect of each room booked and sent to the email address provided. You MUST produce your Booking Confirmation(s) upon check-in at the Hotel, together with your original valid photo identification document (passport, driver's license or other identification card or document as the Hotel may require). The 'Guest' named in the Booking Confirmation must be the person staying at the Hotel otherwise we reserve the right to cancel the booking. Guest full home address must be provided at the time of booking.
Right to Refuse Accommodation: Gleneagle Hotels reserves the right to refuse accommodation to any person(s) without any notice and terminate any booking without being liable for any refund or compensation for the following reasons:
- the booking has been paid through fraudulent means
- the person checking in is not or cannot prove that he/she is the person named in the Booking Confirmation
- Valid Credit Card not presented at check in.
- Hotel: We require 48 hours’ notice to cancel a room free of charge. If you cancel your reservation outside our cancellation policy, you will be charged for the first night’s stay. This applies to bookings made directly on our hotel website, or bookings made over the phone. For third party bookings, please consult their website.
- Apartments: Our Cancellation policy allows you to cancel your booking up to 7 days prior to arrival without a penalty. Should you cancel within 7 days of your arrival or fail to arrive, you will be required to pay the full cost of your stay. All Advance Purchase packages are non-refundable.
- To request a specific room or for any other requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org We may not always be able to guarantee your request but will do our very best to accommodate you when possible. If you have specific needs such as accessibility, dietary requirements or questions regarding your request, please call the hotel directly. If you would like to purchase additional extras such as room upgrade, occasion cakes, a bottle of wine or chocolates this can be arranged by contacting our reservations team on (064) 66 71550, or email email@example.com We will require a credit card to charge for these items in advance of stay and in line with our covid policy will only be brought to your room after check in.
- The Gleneagle Group has partnered with PressReader, a digital newspaper and magazine service, to make connecting to The Gleneagle Group hotels, bars and restaurants free Wi-Fi even more edifying.
- This partnership means guests now have access to more than 7,000 newspapers and magazines from over 120 countries in 60 languages.
Download the “PressReader” app ahead of your stay on your devices app store and simply connect to the hotel WiFi on arrival to unlock access to PressReader’s entire catalogue.
- Yes, we have ample free parking at The Gleneagle Hotel. There is parking at the front and rear of the hotel with direct access to the hotel. We have a number of accessible spaces designated and available.
- What is included in the apartment? Our River Apartments consist of 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and family living area and can sleep up to 5 people comfortably. Bedroom 1 has a Double Bed and 1 Single Bed and Bedroom 2 has Three single Beds.
- Can I use the Gleneagle Aquilla club Leisure Facilities? Our apartment guests are very welcome to use all of our leisure facilites however it is imperative that you pre book. You can enjoy our 25 Meter pool, kiddies’ pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and fully equipped gym. Children under 14yrs must be supervised by an adult when using the facilities. Visitors aged 16yrs and older are permitted entry into the gym. Swimming slots can be booked 24 hours in advance by contacting The Aquila Club team on 064 6636178.
- Is Breakfast included? Our Apartments are self-catering however you are welcome to purchase breakfast at the Gleneagle Hotel during your stay.
- It is necessary to prebook a table to avoid long queues at the buffet or crowds waiting for tables outside the restaurant. The Breakfast costs €12.50 per adult and 7.50 per child.
- How can I book meals at the Hotel? You can book a table by ringing the Hotel direct or by dialling 0 from the phone inside the apartment. You can also book a table in the Brehon if available by calling 064 662 3900
- Can I Go to the Hotel evening Entertainment? Yes. The apartment guests are welcome to the nightly Residents Entertainment. During the Summer holidays we also have our family entertainment with DJ Donal or Captain Tony. It is necessary to prebook the Family entertainment via the Aquilla Club. (subject to Government Guidelines)
- How will I know What Entertainment is on? All of our customers are emailed a daily ezine with all of the Restaurant Specials and with What’s on at the hotel. You can also contact our Guest relations Team who will be happy to help.
- We have a number of pet-friendly apartments available, however we cannot accept animals in our Hotel, unless they are service dogs. Each apartment can take two pets comfortably and they will be provided with a food and water bowl, and a pet bed.
- There are just a couple of house rules; only two pets are allowed per apartment, they must weigh less than 50lbs, be house-trained and they are not allowed in the bedrooms. There is an extra one-time charge of €50 and this will include a plastic Dog Bed and a Dog Bowl.
- Pets cannot be left unattended in Apartments during their stay.
- Service dogs are welcome throughout the hotel and Apartments. .
- Yes, our hotel is fully accessible. We also have many accessible bedrooms available. To book this room type please call our Reservations Team directly on 064 66 71550. .
No, there are no fridges in the bedrooms. We do have a fridge for guests use at reception for medicines, baby bottles etc.
- Yes, all of our guests have complimentary use of Aquila Club Leisure Centre. You can enjoy our 25 Meter pool, kiddies’ pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and fully equipped gym. Children under 14yrs must be supervised by an adult when using the facilities. Visitors aged 16yrs and older are permitted entry into the gym.
- Breakfast is served from 8am - 10.30am (11am at Weekends and Bank Holidays). Bar Food is served from 12.30-21.00. Dinner is served from 18.00-21.00. (Times subject to seasonal change) We cater for all dietary requirements and we have a variety of gluten free products which include gluten free breads, gluten free sausages and gluten free cereals as well as having dairy free options available. You can book Breakfast & Dinner here.
- A full Irish breakfast is €12.50 per adult and €7.50 per child.
- At the Gleneagle, we provide a safe and fun environment for families to holiday together with lots to do and experience as a family. We are delighted that you have chosen to stay with us. Apart from families, we have many other guests and visitors in the hotel, and with that in mind, we would ask everyone to respect the other people around them, including other customers, staff and management of the hotel. We understand that children will be children so we ask that parents adhere to the following house rules. · All children must be closely supervised by a parent or suitable caregiver while in the public areas of the hotel, to include corridors, bars, restaurants, lobbies and reception areas of the hotel. · In the Gleneagle Ballroom, children are not permitted on the dance floor on their own. They must be accompanied by an adult at all times. · Children must leave the bars and public areas of the hotel at 10pm or when the children’s entertainment has finished · Pyjamas are not permitted to be worn in any public areas of the hotel. · Children under 12 must be supervised in the games rooms if there is no staff supervisor present. · Children under the age of 14 must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian in the leisure centre. If we feel these house rules are not being adhered to, the management or security team may request further co-operation in the form of asking parents to accompany their children to their sleeping accommodation. If there is a lack of respect shown to other customers, or to the management and staff of the hotel, we may, most regretfully and as a last resort have to ask a family to leave the hotel.
- The Gleneagle Hotel/INEC has a long and proud tradition of providing hospitality and world class entertainment. The hotel has been owned and managed by the same family for three generations and the comfort and happiness of all the customers remains the top priority of this business. To ensure a relaxed and happy environment for everyone and in the spirit of respecting those around us, we ask that all customers and patrons of the hotel dress neatly and in an appropriate way when staying in our hotel or when visiting the hotel for a concert. Pyjamas are not permitted to be worn in any of the public areas of the hotel. Swimwear must be worn only in the leisure and not in the public areas of the hotel. What is suitable or appropriate attire is entirely at the discretion of the management of the hotel and furthermore, management reserves the right to refuse admission to the hotel and its facilities for the reason of inappropriate clothing or attire.
- Yes, we can store your luggage if you arrive to the hotel before 3.30pm, there is no charge for this service.
- Please contact reception on (064) 66 30700 and we will check lost property for your item.
- As The Gleneagle Hotel is a licensed premise you are not allowed bring alcohol into public or event spaces.
- Full listings of Church Services available from our Guest Relations Team on arrival.
- We have a Gift Shop within the hotel which stocks a selection of souvenirs, crystal, pottery as well as daily newspapers, sweets and minerals (opening hours are subject to change).
- Our Hair Salon opens Wednesday to Saturday 9.30am to 6pm. To book an appointment please contact the salon directly prior to or during your stay on (064) 667 1568..
- The Gleneagle Hotel Shuttle Bus Service is available daily from 9am-5pm. The timetable is available from the Guest Relations desk near the Hotel Reception or click here. We also offer free collections on arrival and departure from Killarney Train Station. The Gleneagle Hotel Shuttle Bus Service is committed to the provision of a fully accessible service incorporating fully accessible vehicles and infrastructure. Monday - Saturday schedule here Sunday schedule here
- Courtesy telephones are located in the Hotel Reception area, alongside our Guest Relations desk. Alternatively, please contact Reception and a receptionist will arrange a Taxi for you. Should you require a wheelchair accessible taxi please contact Macs Taxi- Denis McCarthy on 087 6387342. We advise to book in advance.
- An Post mail can be franked at the Hotel Reception at the same cost as stamps and we can post the items on your behalf.
- Should you need Medical Services during your stay please contact our Guest Relations, Reception or our Duty Manager who can contact a doctor on your behalf.
- We are currently changing our provider on site - however - on the Muckross Road, 1km from our hotel, there is an ecars Fast Charge Point, at Address: Randles Bros, Killarney, Co. Kerry