The wellbeing of our guests and colleagues will be our utmost consideration, so that you may continue to enjoy your time at The Gleneagle Hotel & Apartments with new norms of safety and peace of mind. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and wish to express our sincere gratitude to everyone for their support at this time.
- The Gleneagle Group is in the process of developing a companywide program that will introduce a new standard of hotel cleanliness and disinfection to ensure Gleneagle Group guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay.
- We operate highest levels of cleaning as best practice and we have increased these levels throughout the hotel. We have introduced hourly sanitisation of identified touchpoints across all public areas and will continue this process going forward.
- Some guidelines will be highly visible throughout our hotels, others will be combined into our service offerings, and many others in the back-of-house will even go invisible to your eye.
- Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- The Gleneagle Hotel & Apartments will operate a pre-registration process so that guests need only collect their key card on check in to the hotel & Apartments.
- Key Cards will be disinfected with medical-grade antimicrobial agent after each stay
- Visible markings will guide you safely in the hotel lobby, and our colleagues will observe social distancing whilst checking you in and out
- Contactless payment options and e-mail receipts will be encouraged. Where this is not possible, payment terminals will be disinfected before and after each transaction.
- Increased cleaning and sanitising of private and public areas
- Guest-accessible disinfecting wipes and hand sanitisers at entrances and high traffic areas
- Furniture has been rearranged in lobbies and communal areas in such a way to allow you to enjoy our facilities with proper social distancing.
- Enhanced cleaning for leisure / fitness centres
- Enhanced Staff safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols
- Signage will remain in place throughout our public areas to remind our guests to observe social distancing and handwashing.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations and social distancing.
- The Backstage Bar & OD’s restaurant will reopen from the 29th of June.
- Tables and chairs will be available on the terrace of the Backstage Bar.
- Alcohol will be served to hotel residents with a substantial meal (to include a main course) and will restrictions will be in place for non hotel residents.
- We ask our guests to provide contact details on arrival for contact tracing (name and phone number) and to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser on arrival.
- Social distancing is to be maintained at all times in our restaurants.
- All of our menus are disposable and will be discarded after one use.
- Tableware including all used and unused wares, condiments, placemats and linens will be removed and disinfected after each party has left. Tabletops and chair arms will also be disinfected after each seating.
- We now have the option of in-room dining for hotel guests, in addition to table service in our restaurant and bars.
- Our reception team will take bookings for Breakfast and Dinner to ensure all guests and staff can comply with safe social distancing measures.
- We encourage our customers to make all payments contactless where possible.
- The Green Room lounge areas will be open to guests.
- However, there will be no bar service available.
- Government and WHO guidelines are used for the cleaning and sanitising protocols of all areas of the hotel. High-touch points will be repeatedly sanitised (i.e. chairs, handles, rails etc)
- We will be providing our guests with a food & beverage takeaway service and have waived the service charge for this service.
- Please be advised that room service dining will be delivered in take away containers for the health and safety of staff and guests
- Room Seal to indicate that guest rooms haven't been accessed since they were cleaned
- A through and comprehensive cleaning and sanitising program is in place for all guest bedrooms and bathrooms in preparation for your arrival with specific extra attention being given to all touch points throughout.
- Extra disinfection of all high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles
- All additional collateral, furnishings and non-essential items will be removed from our bedrooms so we can focus on the highest levels of cleanliness.
- Linens will be handled with extreme care to prevent raising dust and potential contamination; Used linen will be washed at a minimum of 70°C for at least 25 mins to kill potential bacteria.
- Reduced paper amenities (like notepads and guest directories) in rooms
- To provide a safe environment for both staff and guests during this COVID crisis, we no longer provide a daily housekeeping service in our guest bedrooms for guests staying more than 1 night. Your room will only be serviced once during stays of 4 nights and more. No daily service provided on 2 and 3 night stays.
- Unfortunately at present we can't promise that all our services will be available at time of stay as we are adhering to Government and W.H.O. directives. Our guests can enjoy complimentary nightly residents entertainment. We are closely following W.H.O & H.S.E directive to ensure protocols are adhered. Strict two-meter social distancing and contact tracing measures are in place. The controlled environment, capacity and flexibility of the INEC enables us to ensure our guests can adhere to social distancing. Dancing is not permitted, and all guests must remain within their family groups at their allocated table.
- The Aquila Club Swimming Pool will reopen on the 29th June for hotel residents only 8am-9pm.
- Aquila Club Leisure Centre staff will ensure social distancing is maintained and numbers using our pool will be limited. Government and WHO guidelines are adhered to for the cleaning and sanitising protocols of all pool areas. Opening hours are from 8am-9pm daily.
- Government and WHO guidelines are adhered to for the cleaning and sanitising protocols of all gym areas.
- Our outdoor facilities include an 18 hole pitch and putt course and two tennis courts. Pre-booking is recommended and limited time slots are available. A limited number of people are permitted on the course/courts at any given time. All equipment will be sanitised after each game. Opening hours are from 10am – 9pm daily. Opening times are subject to change. Weather permitting.
- See our Protocols and FAQs
- Our Kids / Family Activity Programme is available to view here
- The hair salon will reopen on the 20th July from 9.30am-5pm
- We would ask that any customers experiencing flu like symptoms or sickness to please postpone their visit to a later date. We would also ask that any customers that may have visited the countries affected by COVID-19, as recommended by the HSE, or have been in contact with a confirmed case please postpone their visit.
- We will review regularly and update as the situation evolves, keeping policies and procedures relating to Covid-19 under ongoing review.
- Government policy Arriving in Ireland from another country
By law, if you arrive in Ireland from any other country you will need to fill in a form called the Covid-19 Passenger Locator Form & Restrict your movements for 14 days. Our Hotel Policy All guests arriving from another country:
Please be aware of this for any travel in July and August.
Restricting your movements means self-isolating/staying at home and avoiding contact with other people and social situations as much as possible.
Self-isolating/Quarantine at our hotels is not an option Arriving in the State from Northern Ireland
Please can you provide us with details on when you entered the country
Please can you provide us with details of where you self-isolated for the recommended two weeks.
Failure to provide this important information means we will not be able to accept your booking.
We will not accept bookings from anyone not adhering to the 14-day quarantine ahead of their expected check in date of stay.
For countries that are on the current "green list" unless a 14-day quarantine period has been adhered to, we still cannot accept your booking.
This policy will continue until September 1st for the moment but may change subject to government guidelines
Aircraft crew, including pilots, in Ireland as part of their work duties
Last updated 29th July 2020