The wellbeing of our guests and colleagues will be our utmost consideration, so that you may continue to enjoy your time at The Gleneagle Hotel & Apartments with new norms of safety and peace of mind. It is our company policy that you must wear a mask while in all public areas of the hotel. We would ask customers experiencing flu like symptoms or sickness to please postpone their visit to a later date. We will review regularly and update as the situation evolves, keeping policies relating to COVID-19 under ongoing review. Last updated on 30th of June 2022.
Our Promise to You
We operate highest levels of cleaning as best practice and we have increased these levels throughout the hotel. We have introduced hourly sanitisation of identified touchpoints across all public areas and will continue this process going forward.
Some guidelines will be highly visible throughout our hotels, others will be combined into our service offerings, and many others in the back-of-house will even go invisible to your eye. Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- The Gleneagle Hotel & Apartments will operate a pre-registration process so that guests need only collect their key card on check in to the hotel & Apartments.
- Key Cards will be disinfected with medical-grade antimicrobial agent after each stay
- Visible markings will guide you safely in the hotel lobby, and our colleagues will observe social distancing whilst checking you in and out
- Contactless payment options and e-mail receipts will be encouraged. Where this is not possible, payment terminals will be disinfected before and after each transaction.
- It is our company policy that you must wear a mask while in all public areas of the hotel and is required for patrons indoors, apart from when consuming food/drink and dancing.
- Increased cleaning and sanitising of private and public areas
- Guest-accessible disinfecting wipes and hand sanitisers at entrances and high traffic areas
- Furniture has been rearranged in lobbies and communal areas in such a way to allow you to enjoy our facilities with proper social distancing.
- Enhanced cleaning for leisure / fitness centres
- Enhanced Staff safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols
- Signage will remain in place throughout our public areas to remind our guests to observe social distancing and handwashing.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations and social distancing.
- From 21 January, specific distances for social distancing have been removed
- As of 21 January, operating times for licenced premises have return to normal.
- As of 21 January, bar and counter service may operate in live entertainment venues subject to health & safety guidelines.
o Counter service permitted for food and beverage with effective queue system in place.
o Congregation at counters or bars is not permitted and queues must be managed, orderly and socially distant
o Consumption of food and beverage not permitted at the counter
- Face Mask wearing required for patrons indoors, apart from when consuming food/drink and dancing.
- We use a mixture of disposable & wipeable menus for your safety.
- Tableware including all used and unused wares, condiments, placemats and linens will be removed and disinfected after each party has left. Tabletops and chair arms will also be disinfected after each seating.
- We now have the option of in-room dining for hotel guests, in addition to table service in our restaurant and bars.
- Our reception team will take bookings for Breakfast and Dinner to ensure all guests and staff can comply with safe social distancing measures.
- We encourage our customers to make all payments contactless where possible.
- The Green Room lounge areas will be open to guests.
- Government and WHO guidelines are used for the cleaning and sanitising protocols of all areas of the hotel. High-touch points will be repeatedly sanitised (i.e. chairs, handles, rails etc)
- Room service will be available during your stay.
- A through and comprehensive cleaning and sanitising program is in place for all guest bedrooms and bathrooms in preparation for your arrival with specific extra attention being given to all touch points throughout.
- Extra disinfection of all high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles
- All additional collateral, furnishings and non-essential items will be removed from our bedrooms so we can focus on the highest levels of cleanliness.
- Linens will be handled with extreme care to prevent raising dust and potential contamination; Used linen will be washed at a minimum of 70°C for at least 25 mins to kill potential bacteria.
- Reduced paper amenities (like notepads and guest directories) in rooms
- Rooms will be services on a daily basis
- We will provide a daily refuse disposal & towel replacement service
- Guest entertainment:
- Live events:
- Live Entertainment Nightly and Dancing is permitted
- Leisure Facilities
Enjoy all of our onsite facilities during your stay including our 25-meter swimming pool, children's splash pool, squash and tennis courts, gym and pitch and putt course. Please note that the gym needs to be pre-booked. Please be advised that we have limited changing space so please use the lockers provided. The sauna and steam room will be open with capacity limits in place, we will be asking our guests to follow the time limits in place for the adult only area so everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi.
Aquila Club Opening Hours:
Monday to Thursday we will be open 7AM - 9PM (FAMILY HOURS FINISH AT 8PM)
Friday to Sunday (including bank holidays) 8AM – 8PM
- Swimming hats are compulsory in the pool and can be purchased in the Aquila Club for €3.
Outdoor activities are open daily from 10am-6pm and pre-booking is required (weather permitting). All bookings are taken one day in advance. Please contact the Aquila Club on 064 6636178. Please click here for further details https://www.gleneaglehotel.com/en/aquila-club-leisure-facilities/
Kids Club Our Kids / Family Activity Programme only operates during peak times.
- The Glen Hair salon at The Gleneagle is open from 9.30am-5.30pm Wednesday - Saturday
- Alainn Beauty Salon is open at The Gleneagle is open from 9.30am - 6pm Monday - Saturday
- Please note these times are subject to change in line with current restrictions
- We will review regularly and update as the situation evolves, keeping policies and procedures relating to Covid-19 under ongoing review.
- Government and WHO guidelines are used for the cleaning and sanitising protocols of all areas of the hotel.
- Government policy Arriving in Ireland from another country By law, if you arrive in Ireland from any other country you will need to fill in a form called the Covid-19 Passenger Locator Form. This policy will continue until further notice but may change subject to government guidelines.